Measures in case of accident
Tel 02/96 46 00 45 available 24 hour/day
In the event of an accident or emergency that may occur during transport, crew members must take the following actions where it is safe and practicable to:
- activate the braking system, stop the engine and disconnect the battery by turning off the battery, if any;
- Avoid sources of ignition, in particular, do not smoke or switch on any electrical equipment;
- inform the emergency services, giving as much information as possible about the accident and substances involved;
- Put on the warning vest and place in an appropriate self-standing warning signs;
- keep at hand the transport documents to make them available to emergency response teams;
- do not touch or walk on spilled substances and avoid staying up, inhalation of fumes, dust and vapors;
- Where appropriate and without danger, use the fire extinguishers to extinguish the fires in tires, brakes and engine compartment;
- not address the Fires in load;
- Where appropriate and without danger, use the on-board equipment to prevent leakages into the aquatic environment or the sewage system and to contain spillages;
- away from the scene of the accident, advise other persons to move away and follow the directions of emergency services;
- Remove any contaminated clothing and used contaminated protective equipment and dispose of it safely
New rules for the transport waste
In the ordinary supplement to the Official Gazette of Wednesday, January 13, 2010, was published the Decree of the Minister of Environment of 17 December 2009 setting up the control system of traceability of waste (SISTRI), which will be managed directly by the Carabinieri for the Protection environment, in order to prevent and reduce the phenomenon of environmental crimes related to the illegal disposal of waste.
The decree comes into force today (Thursday, January 14, 2010) is will trigger the operation of the system SISTRI after 6 months, ie from 14 July 2010 to companies that engage in the collection and transportation of hazardous waste, as well as for companies and the entities performing the collection and disposal of waste.
These companies are required to register in the system SISTRI within 45 days from today (ie by the end of February) to be able to continue to operate regularly, paying the expected contribution to the registered office and for each vehicle used to transport the waste.
Subsequent to initial recognition, will then have to acquire the electronic devices provided by the system, such as a USB stick and a black box control (black box) to be installed on board each vehicle in order to track the route taken by the latter.